We are members of the Irish Association of Funeral Directors, the only regulatory body for Funeral Directors in Ireland, and adhere strictly to their Code of Practice.
We are also experienced and qualified embalmers, and are members of the British Insitute of Embalmers.
When organising the Funeral we try to take as much of the responsibility and burden off the family as we possibly can. Our aim is to guide and direct families on each stage of their loved ones’ journey to their final resting place. Here we outline the various services we carry out:
- With great dignity and respect, we prepare your loved one for you to see (all our embalming is done in-house by our qualified embalmers) we then take your loved one home, or to our Funeral Home, where the family can personally choose from our extensive range of coffins on display.
- After sitting down with the family to discuss the funeral arrangements we liaise with the priest to arrange the Funeral Mass and contact the organist and soloist.
- We arrange car or limousine hire and order all floral tributes for the family.
- We place the notification of the death on radio, newspaper and online as required, provide the family with black ties, candles, holy water, crucifix, books of condolence and any other items as required.
- If the family wishes, we can organise a white dove to be set free at the graveside, to symbolise a spirit set free.
- If the deceased is to be buried we will purchase a new grave plot or organise a grave opening if a plot already exists.
- If cremation is to take place we will arrange all documentation with the crematorium.
- We can arrange repatriation to any country or back to Ireland if the need arises.
- As each funeral is different, we accommodate special requests from families on an individual basis.
- We pay for all above expenses on your behalf and post out Funeral invoice after one month.
Our involvement with the family continues after the funeral. We place an acknowledgement notice in the local newspaper, provide information on bereavement grants towards funeral expenses and information on obtaining a death certificate (this may take a few weeks or months depending on the circumstances of death, but the coroner can issue an interim (temporary) certificate). We also provide contact numbers for counselling services and support groups such as Sosad Ireland.
We offer a free consultation service so if you have any question or need advice please do not hesitate to contact us.
Talk to Paddy, Patricia or Aidan Townley or Paula Townley-Crosbie
Take a virtual tour of our Funeral Home